CWCS Managed Hosting is an established hosting company based in Nottingham, UK. We have thousands of customers in the UK and overseas using our shared web hosting, dedicated servers, VPS, colocation and cloud hosting services.With two privately owned data centres and staff on-site 24/7/365, CWCS has an excellent reputation for delivering enterprise-class hosting combined with some of the best customer service and technical support in the UK hosting industry.
This role includes day and night shift work.
Reporting to the Technical Support Team Leader, the Senior Technical Support Engineer’s role is to provide technical support to customers whilst maintaining a high standard of customer service, and being a mentor for the team members.
Key functions to the role include:
- Customer Service Delivery – including prompt response and problem resolution to all hosting customers, meeting service level agreements, providing clear and efficient communication with customers and ensuring efficient and effective use of the ticketing system
- Team Participation – ensuring a culture of team working within CWCS by carrying out a variety of technical duties and working closely with other team members to ensure overall team performance
- Support Engineer Responsibilities – providing assistance to junior team members and new staff to ensure overall development of the team
CWCS Managed Hosting is certified to the information security standard ISO 27001 and you will follow our information security procedures at all times.
Skills and Experience
- To be successful in this role you will need at least three years’ experience working in a managed hosting or similar IT technical support role.
- You must be a strong team player, customer and solutions-focussed, and able to work on your own as well as in a team.
- Essential skills include a working knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), Windows 2008/2012, IIS and DNS, as well as cPanel and/or Plesk support skills.
- A background in Cisco ASA, switching, routing with possibly a CCNA qualification would be an advantage, as would knowledge of Bash scripting, VMware, KVM, Xen or MS SQL admin. In addition, demonstrable skills in AD, Exchange, PHP/ASP.net or Cisco ASA VPN would be a bonus, as would MCITP or MCSE certification.
For more information about our Technical Support Engineer’s role including a detailed job description, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the successful candidate we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
No Agencies Please!