CWCS Managed Hosting is the UK’s leading hosting specialist offering a comprehensive range of hosting products, services and support. An established company with over 15 years’ experience in the hosting industry, our highly trained staff are committed to delivering a great customer experience and are genuinely passionate about what they do.
We are now adding to our team with the recruitment of a Systems Administrator.
The role will provide system management and maintenance to the IT operations element of the business whilst maintaining high levels of security and customer service. You will be required to carry out the following functions:
- Resolution of escalated technical queries by telephone and email
- Server provisioning, custom scripts, and migrations, ensuring they are completed on time and on budget
- Monitor the network and resolve issues appropriately
- Oversee the regular auditing and patching of core and customer systems
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to quality and information systems standards and a strong technical aptitude and ability to research and resolve complex issues. You will be self-motivated and keen to work as part of a team.
Further requirements are:
- Linux and Windows administrative knowledge
- Virtualisation and virtual machine management including, VMWare and KVM (Xen and Hyper-V advantageous)
- Database administration including MySQL (MariaDB) and MS-SQL
- Familiarity with open source tools
- Ability to learn new technologies
A Cisco or Microsoft certification would be advantageous. A full driving licence and evidenced right to work in the UK are pre-requisites for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
For more information about our Systems Administrator role including a detailed job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. For the successful candidate we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
No Agencies Please!